Saturday, November 13, 2010

Blog 7

     A few years ago, I made so many careless mistakes. One of my biggest ones, was taking the people I cared the most about for granted. My brother passed away when I was 14 and, until this day, I still feel like I didn’t do my best to have a stronger relationship with him. Ever since then, I made a promise that I will never take the things I am given, for granted.
     The first thing I am most grateful for is my family. Without them, I wouldn’t be where I am today. My parents have always been there for me when I needed them, and always did what they had to do to provide us with everything we needed. My father, despite his condition, always got up for work and never let his illness get to him. I am also grateful for all of the things they have provided for me. I am grateful for my best friends, Shatyka, Stephanie, and Ronnell. They’re always there when I need somebody to talk to, and never judged me when I made careless decisions. I can count on them for anything. I am grateful for Lawrence. Ever since he came into my life, I have made so many positive changes. He helped me open up my eyes, and notice the real beauty within me. He taught me that I don’t need anyone to make me happy, but that being content with myself was enough to keep me happy. I am grateful for Jonathan. Even though, we’re going through some things, I can never forget the friend that he has been to me. I am grateful for having the opportunity to have an education. A lot of people aren’t able to further their education, and the fact that I am here and doing so well is something I am truly proud of.
     I have learned not to take things for granted. Life is too short and I know that I need to be grateful for everything, and everyone, I have around me. No one is granted another day, so as long as I’m here, I’m going to love and appreciate all of those around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment